Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Judging books by their cover

While I agree that a book shouldn't necessarily be judged by its cover, I do believe that a book with a spectacular cover (and similar illustrations that follow) increases reading enjoyment by quite a lot. Because Doc enjoys books so much, we've been visiting the library a couple of times each month (not that I need any excuse to visit a library). Since the Barkley branch opened, I've started researching books online first then placing holds to be picked up. Barkley is only big enough to hold a couple thousand books but parking is free and its the closest to us so I keep my 20 item hold list maxed out for convenience. Anyway... I really just wanted to share some of my favorite illustrators:

Leo Lionni

Paul Goble

Gyo Fujikawa

Brian Wildsmith

Charlie Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment