Monday, November 1, 2010

Last night I was taken back to this summer right after Doc was born. I had sung him to sleep and was just thinking about laying him down when he suddenly started screaming. This is not something he ever does. At night once he's finally given in to sleep, he sleeps heavy. Even though he still wakes up every three hours for food, he's right back to bed again. The first hour last night he screamed himself to sleep twice. We tried going outside and a bottle of apple prune juice but neither really helped. His vibrating teether and ice cubes provided a little distraction. After that when he woke up (every ten to twenty minutes) I was able to bounce him into submission. We paced the floor, me on my toes bouncing, until I was finally able to lay down without waking him. He slept in my arms for half the night and this morning we woke up to a diaper full of yogurt poops.

No comments:

Post a Comment