Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Big kid


Each night before bed Doc and I brush our teeth. As soon as we walk into the bathroom he starts getting ready to spit. He likes to rinse his toothbrush and lean over the sink to spit. I sing him the song that Star sings on the Sprout Goodnight Show.
He's getting too heavy for me to hold all of the time now, which is sad since he is more snuggly than ever. He enjoys being held and relaxing while watching an evening show with nighttime snacks. Even more sad and frustrating, though, is that he seems to have weened himself. I'm actually embarrassed to admit this because I feel at fault for it. While getting his last tooth, he refused to nurse and now is just not interested. He's almost ten months but is still my baby and I now have to deal with getting middle of the night bottles instead of being able to nurse him back to sleep while I am still half asleep. I was hoping it was a nursing strike (something I didn't know even existed), but it seems that he has just quit. I'm trying to be ok with this but it seems that no mom can go without feeling some guilt every day of their life. The alternate side of this is that he eats like a big kid. He feeds himself little bits of fruits and vegetables, mac & cheese, grilled turkey sandwiches... Isn't that kind of unusual for a ten month old baby?
Doc is talking all the time now. He regularly repeats mamama, rarara, eeeeee, and will often scream dadada in the middle of the night. He understands most everything we (Doc and I) talk about: what not to play with, when it's time for lunch, when it's time to brush our teeth, bounce, tap, open, close, on, off, up. Every day is so exciting.
P.S. Dada has a new job and we're all excited. We get to see him every night before bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment